Two Raw Sisters Kombucha Ice-Cream, Elderflower Poached Peaches & Ginger Crumble
To celebrate the launch of our new Pantry Staples Range, we asked some of our favourite foodies to create a Christmas recipe for us, using some products from the new range. Margo and Rosa of Two Raw Sisters created this incredibly stunning Summer dessert, that is bound to impress your Christmas dinner party guests!
Don't forget to enter our 20 Days of Christmas Giveaways for the chance to win some amazing prizes from some of our favourite organic, ethical and sustainable brands throughout the month of December. To be in to win, make sure you are following us on Facebook and Instagram to enter our daily giveaways.
Fermented Lemon Kombucha Ice-Cream with Eldeflower Poached Peaches and Spiced Ginger Crumble
Serves 4 | Equipment required: Dehydrator and ice-cream maker (optional)
¾ cup cashews, soaked
2-4 tbsp kombucha, kefir or probiotic capsule.
½ cup lemon juice
250ml coconut cream
¼ cup kombucha
1/3 cup agave
1 zest of a lemon
1 tsp arrowroot powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup oat flour
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp ginger powder
1 tsp cardamom powder
½ cup agave
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh elderflower
1 cup water
2 cups fresh elderflower
4 strips lemon peel
1. To make the ice-cream, blend the cashews and kombucha until smooth, and place in a bowl covered with a cheese cloth. Put bowl in the dehydrator for 24-36 hours at 46 deg C to ferment.
2. Add the fermented cashews mixture to the remaining ice-cream ingredients, and blend until smooth. Put mixture into an ice-cream maker for 60 minutes or till an ice-cream consistency is formed. Put ice-cream into a metal loaf tin, and place into the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes to firm up. If you don't have an ice-cream maker, freeze portions of the mixture into snap lock bags, and place frozen mixture in batches into a high speed blender or food processor, until it reaches a fluffy ice-cream consistency.
3. To make the crumble, place hazelnuts in a blender and pulse into a fine flour. Mix all remaining ingredients and hazelnuts together in a bowl with your hands, till combined. Crumble onto a dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate overnight or until dry and crisp.
4. To make the syrup, mix ingredients in a glass jar and place in dehydrator for 24-36 hours till reduced into a thick syrup.
5. To make the peaches, put water and coconut sugar into a pot over medium heat, till sugar is dissolved. Add remaining poached peaches ingredients and simmer on a low heat for approximately 90 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. To serve, scoop ice cream into bowls and top with crumble, peaches and a drizzle of syrup. Left over peaches goes really well on-top of Little Bird Organicss Grawnola for breakfast!